[CS-FSLUG] NI: "Resting in an Awesome Room"

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu Oct 6 14:30:45 CDT 2005

Some here have recently go through some stressfull times recently. I thought
this might help some with direction and comfort - for all of us.

Blessings,

Fred
________________________

A WORD WITH YOU
By Ron Hutchcraft
#4889 - "Resting in an Awesome Room"
Ephesians 3:12

Listen to the audio broadcast!
http://www.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/ramhurl?p=pnm&f=/rhm/sounds/awwy/awwy4889.rm

        There's nothing I appreciate more than a good night's sleep, maybe
because sleep is something I don't get a lot of. Frankly, if the bed is
decent, I don't care too much about the surroundings. A night's sleep is a
night's sleep and the whole time I'm asleep I don't know where I am anyway,
right? So much for my philosophy of sleep. Apparently, some nights' sleep are
a big deal to some people, especially if it means sleeping in the historic
Lincoln bedroom in the White House. There's been a lot of, shall we say,
discussion about major contributions to Presidential campaigns and those who
have given a lot, being given the privilege to spend the night at 1600
Pennsylvania Avenue; or as one senator called it, Motel 1600. I guess if any
place to sleep is special, being in the White House, just down the hall and
the President and the First Lady, that would be it. People come away from
that experience, even rich and powerful people who have seen and done it all,
really impressed by being in that historic, powerful place for just a night.
I've never stayed at the White House, but wait until you hear where I just
came from!

        I'm Ron Hutchcraft and I want to have A Word With You today about
"Resting in an Awesome Room."

        Well, the friends of the President sleeping in the White House. That's
nothing. The friends of Jesus have access to the Throne Room from which a
hundred billion galaxies are governed! And they can rest there whenever they
want, for as long as they want! That's where I just came from - the Throne
Room of the living God. Actually, I joined two brothers 2,000 miles away by
phone, and together we went into that awesome room to ask God to open some
closed doors and move some large mountains. The access to this powerful place
is called, of course, prayer.

        Ephesians 3:12, our word for today from the Word of God, "In Christ
Jesus and through faith in Him we may approach God with freedom and
confidence." Because Jesus removed the sin-wall between us and God on the
cross, we who belong to Him may walk right into God's Throne Room and talk to
Him boldly about anything.

        Paul goes on in this passage to express his awe at who he's with when
he's praying: "I kneel before the Father, from whom His whole family in
heaven and on earth derives its name." Because he focuses on the majesty of
the God, of the person he's with, he dares to pray for God-sized things,
culminating with this lid-blowing truth. "He is able to do immeasurably more
than all we ask or imagine according to His power that is at work in us."

        People who have access to the White House know how special a privilege
that is. Do you have that same feeling about prayer? When you pray, are you
conscious of the awesome One you are with; the awesome place you are? It all
begins in His Throne Room; it all runs right from there. So, when you come to
God, come with amazement over this awe-inspiring God you're with. With
expectancy that He will do God-sized things, not man-sized. By the way,
when's the last time you trusted Him for something so big only He could do
it? Come with specifics, too. God's told you to come to Him with specific
requests and needs.

        Bottom line, prayer is focusing all the unlimited power of the living
God on one specific person or situation right here on earth. With that kind
of access to the central power of God, there's no excuse for that worry,
those moods, that spiritual mediocrity, all that stress you're carrying. You
can turn loose all the power and love of the Most High God on that stuff!

        We don't have to give anything to have the privilege of finding rest
in the awesome Throne Room of God. Jesus did all the giving. So, if you ever
meet someone who's excited because they have stayed at the White House, you
can say to them, "Well, you should hear where I've just been, because I can
go to God's Throne Room anytime!"

Discuss today's "A Word With You," post your comments, or encourage others in
our discussion forum!
http://forums.gospelcom.net/view/rhm/awwy

How can I help support the work of Ron Hutchcraft Ministries?
http://rhm.gospelcom.net/support/

To find out how you can begin a personal relationship with Jesus Christ,
please visit YOURS FOR LIFE: HOW TO HAVE LIFE'S MOST IMPORTANT RELATIONSHIP
at:
http://www.yoursforlife.net
Or, call 1-888-NEED HIM.

"A Word With You" by Ron Hutchcraft is a daily radio challenge, with
slice-of-life illustrations and insights - providing practical help on the
issues that matter most. If your local Christian radio station does not air
"A Word With You," please let them know how much you value this program. Over
six years of transcripts are available online, at
http://rhm.gospelcom.net/awwy/

Ron Hutchcraft Ministries is a member of the Gospel Communications Network -
http://www.gospelcom.net

"A Word With You" is a production of:

Ron Hutchcraft Ministries, Inc.
http://rhm.gospelcom.net/
Email: RHM at hutchcraft.com
Phone: 1-877-741-1200

Copyright (c) 2005, Ron Hutchcraft. Permission to distribute this material via
email, or individual copies, is automatically granted on the condition it
will be used for non-commercial purposes, and will not be sold. To reproduce
"A Word With You" transcripts in any other format, including Internet
websites, written permission is needed from Ron Hutchcraft.

Copyright (c) 2005, Ron Hutchcraft. Reprinted with permission. "A Word With
You" is a radio outreach of Ron Hutchcraft Ministries, Inc.

to you, at this time.