[CS-FSLUG] NI (TD): Russian Orthodox bishop appeals for Catholic-Orthodox alliance

Michael Bradley, Jr. michaelsbradleyjr at mac.com
Wed Oct 5 23:46:46 CDT 2005

Dear Chris,

I am not sure of the purpose of your post. If it was meant as a
request for me to take note of and reply specifically to Nigel's
question, please know that I was preparing a response when Tim's
message showed up on the list asking us all to leave the issues alone
for awhile.

If you would like me to respond to you privately (same goes for
Nigel), please drop me a note and I will be happy to do so. You could
also start a thread in the "Apologetics" or "Non-Catholic Religions"
forums on forums.catholic.com and (invite me by e-mail to stop by)
where you would be sure to receive a variety of insights from
Catholic, non-Catholics and non-Christians.

Finally, I received a few private e-mails from members of this list
indicating that they found the document "Dominus Iesus" to provide
helpful answers to Nigel's and related questions. You might find it
helpful too, if you haven't yet read it.

On the other hand, if your post was meant to imply that my Church's
teaching, as referenced by Nigel, is just as offensive as I claimed
your post to be, please note that I was referring to the manner of
your statements as opposed to their underlying content. I don't agree
with the "T" in Calvin's TULIP, for example, but I would/do refrain
from labeling it as a "blasphemous distortion" or using some other
derogatory label in reference to the teachings or practices of the
Reformed churches and their members.

Anyway, I think it is best for now to allow this discussion within
this 'forum' to rest.

In the Hearts of Jesus and Mary,

Michael Bradley, Jr.