[CS-FSLUG] OT: Michael Dell Doubts Desktop Linux Demand

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Tue May 17 19:22:00 CDT 2005

On 5/17/05, JD Runyan <Lists at runyanrants.net> wrote:
> Fred A. Miller wrote:
> > http://linuxtoday.com/it_management/2005051601026NWBZDT
> >

> Luckily Dell has been a market leader in the production of reasonably
> priced Intel based PCs, and providing quality support for those PCs. He
> has not been a leader in the OS or software industry. He was late in the
> PDA market, but still can command a decent profit there, because people
> will get one when they get their PC. I wouldn't consider him an  oracle
> for the tech industry. I would watch the companies that make money from
>   software for the future of desktops. What is Adobe, AutoDesk, and many
>   other companies doing  with their apps on the Linux front. I know
> Adobe is trying to get in the game.
> --
> "Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." -- After being told he looked
> cool.
> --Yogi Bera

Well, I put my thoughts on my Lulu blog:
http://people.lulu.com/blogs/view.php?user_id=132991

Yes, that means I've started blogging.  It's a freebee blog.  And Lulu
conned me into blogging.  Otherwise, I don't think I would have
started.  I don't think I could blog without a reason.  You'll
discover some of my latest thoughts on FOSS as well.  My hope is to
attract folks to PitP by using the blog as sort of a conversational
piece.  That is, visitors to the storefront see the blog, read the
blog, buy the book.  I try to discuss certain issues addressed in PitP
- or related to it in some way.  I try not to give away the book, but
provide some insight about it.

Since the section, "How Christians can Improve FOSS", deals with
letting vendors know we want choices, this article hit home.
Anyway...  Feedback is always welcome.

--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/