[CS-FSLUG] OT: Michael Dell Doubts Desktop Linux Demand

JD Runyan Lists at RunyanRants.Net
Tue May 17 16:00:37 CDT 2005

Fred A. Miller wrote:
> http://linuxtoday.com/it_management/2005051601026NWBZDT

Luckily Dell has been a market leader in the production of reasonably
priced Intel based PCs, and providing quality support for those PCs. He
has not been a leader in the OS or software industry. He was late in the
PDA market, but still can command a decent profit there, because people
will get one when they get their PC. I wouldn't consider him an  oracle
for the tech industry. I would watch the companies that make money from
  software for the future of desktops. What is Adobe, AutoDesk, and many
  other companies doing  with their apps on the Linux front. I know
Adobe is trying to get in the game.
--
"Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." -- After being told he looked
cool.