[CS-FSLUG] The new iMac G5. Now shipping with Tiger.

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Sun May 15 02:13:05 CDT 2005

Quoting Tim:
"Seeing the Mac interface makes me wish the KDE and GNOME people could
come together and work on
one GUI someday. Aqua shows what can happen when you put enough bright
minds on GUI design..."

I most certainly hope otherwise, I can't stand what Gnome has done! I
guess you haven't seen the configuration editor in Gnome styled after
the Windows registry and regedit system, and what about that spacial
nautilus? Who wants hundreds of nautilus windows opened as they
navigate through their file system, its a real pain to have to close
the window from the previous folder every time you go into a sub
folder. Some people claim that the spacial view in Nautilus can be
disabled but I tried Gnome no more than two months ago and I couldn't
find instructions on how to disable it fast enough. All my experiences
with Gnome were so awful that I don't have the vocabulary to describe
it; I don't want any unnecessary contamination from Gnome getting into
my favourite desktop environment. I can handle having two desktop
environment around, but if there is only one I want it to be
exclusively KDE.