[CS-FSLUG] To God be the Glory (re: Do Ex-Gays Exist?)

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Fri May 13 07:07:43 CDT 2005

Hmmmmmm ....

--- "Robert W." <robertwo at insightbb.com> wrote:
>> On 05/12/2005 11:53:34 AM, 'Mash wrote:
>> What I am saying is that I believe in the genetics
>> of homosexuality in till proven otherwise, and that

>> being so called "born gay" is not a sin,
>> genetically you may be born with the attraction to
>> the same sex. You are one gender physically by
maybe
>> not 100% that gender hormonally, chromosomally etc.

Is this innocent until proven guilty or guilty until
proven innocent. To this day there is no real evidence
that anyone is born "gay" or homosexual.

Some men are born a little more emotionally connected.
The traits associated with this can be fostered into
homosexuality through emotional manipulation and
trauma. Matt Teas and I were the same person. He was
pulled into the homosexual lifestyle and I was not.
But for the grace of God go I.

Some other men, also like myself, have a higher strung
personality. This and certain other traits make me,
and others like me, more prone to addictions ... or
escapes if you will. I was not born an alcoholic nor
gay. I must "choose this day whom I will serve". Keep
this in mind.

> Can someone change a genetic trait by force of will?
> For example, I  inherited high cholesterol. My
> doctor's exact words were "if you ate a
> can of lard at every meal you couldn't have numbers
> this high." In that case, no matter how well I take
> care of myself, cholesterol will always be a
problem.
> Medication can help control it. But I have to take
> that medicine for the rest of my life. The condition
> doesn't change.

Normally, and I'm sure you know this already, the
human body produces about 80% of it's own cholesterol.
The rest comes from food sources. Cholesterol and
vitamins C and E are vital to cell walls, artery walls
and other structures. That said, ask about the effects
of B complex vitamins on cholesteral. Vitamin B is
what allows normal absorbtion of cholesterol (even the
"bad" kind) into cells. It's been my experience that
taking a multi-vitamin or liquid vitamin supplement
containing all the B vitamins (B, B6, B12 ...) and a
good mix of trace elements can lower cholesterol
points significantly. You can take it from Mr. Under
200 here.

> I have always assumed that all genetic traits are
> immutable. Things  like alcoholism, nicotene
> addiction, and homosexuality are not immutable. They

> are not permanent conditions. A person can change.
> Therefore they are not genetic traits.

This is not why they aren't genetic traits. It's
because they don't make you do anything.

If any of you recall, there was a Swedish study of the
effect of pheremones on homosexual men. They found
that they react like women. A similar study on brain
size found that homosexual men were "more likely" to
have larger emotional centers in the brain.

Homosexual men give into their basest nature in order
to fill the emotional void created by sin. They long
for the same emotional fulfillment as women do and so
sometimes, if Satan comes along, can see other men as
a fulfillment of their need. That's why they say they
are in "love" as they define it. They are fulfilling
an emotional need, not primarily a sexual one
(although I'm sure many are as is true in the
heterosexual world). Of course, the solution is to
show them fulfillment in Christ and then completeness
in marriage. It just takes a special kind of woman.

> But I have no scientific proof of my assumption. Is
> it true that genetic traits don't change?

Generic traits don't change unless God changes them.
It can happen, though, and I've seen it.

Gabe Ginorio