[CS-FSLUG] To God be the Glory (re: Do Ex-Gays Exist?)

'Mash re.mash at gmail.com
Fri May 13 05:41:43 CDT 2005

> But I have no scientific proof of my assumption. Is it true that
> genetic traits don't change?

I am currently reading (again) "Reaching for the invisible God - Philip Yancey,"
and he talks of two different prayers during trial.

Quoted from the book:

"Christians in affluent countries tend to pray, "Lord take this trial
away from us!" I have
heard prisoners, persecuted Christians, and some who live in very poor
countries pray
instead "Lord, give us the strength to bear this trial.""

I am a firm believer in a God who gives us only what he knows we can
handle, what will push us towards our potential and what will inevitably
bring glory to God himself. He waits though and watches our free
decisions and I believe has a heavy heart when we reject what we have
been given as something which is not divine in purpose.

'mash