[CS-FSLUG] To God be the Glory (re: Do Ex-Gays Exist?)

Robert W. robertwo at insightbb.com
Thu May 12 22:21:51 CDT 2005

On 05/12/2005 11:53:34 AM, 'Mash wrote:
> What I am saying is that I believe in the genetics of homosexuality
> in till proven otherwise, and that being so called "born gay" is not a
> sin,
> but concerning Gods word the act of homosexual intercourse or similar
> sexual acts are. I know it sounds contradictory to say that but,
> genetically you may be born with the attraction to the same sex.
> You are one gender physically by maybe not 100% that gender
> hormonally,
> chromosomally etc.

Can someone change a genetic trait by force of will? For example, I
inherited high cholesterol. My doctor's exact words were "if you ate a
can of lard at every meal you couldn't have numbers this high." In that
case, no matter how well I take care of myself, cholesterol will always
be a problem. Medication can help control it. But I have to take that
medicine for the rest of my life. The condition doesn't change.

I have always assumed that all genetic traits are immutable. Things
like alcholism, nicotene addiction, and homosexuality are not
immutable. They are not permanent conditions. A person can change.
Therefore they are not genetic traits.

But I have no scientific proof of my assumption. Is it true that
genetic traits don't change?

--
Robert W.
robertwo at access-4-free.com

It is done.  I am the Alpha and the Omega,
the Beginning and the End. -- Revelations 21:6