[CS-FSLUG] To God be the Glory (re: Do Ex-Gays Exist?)

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Thu May 12 06:15:21 CDT 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005 11:44:25 +0100, 'Mash <re.mash at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have spent a considerable amount of time among the Gay community
> and even though I am well versed in what God says about homosexuality
> I still have trouble believing that being "born homosexual" is not
> possible.

My research indicates historically, fallen man is omnisexual. Ancient
documents seemed to assume a fellow would be having sex with whatever
struck his fancy. It appears often it was a mix of lust and power. About
the only thing many cultures didn't favor was men having sex as equals.
There was plenty of that at times, but the broad consensus I believe was
no one important would do that, no "real man" was that way. It's only in
recent times historically that we see the modern obsession with a clear
distinction between homosexuals and heterosexuals.

Of course, Scripture makes it clear man should find his release in only
one place, his covenant marriage bed. The Law of Moses was quite a
promotion for the wives from previous pagan views, and a radical restraint
on men.

Makes no difference what your inborn desires are. Like all men born in
sin, if I did what came natural, I'd be in a world of hurt. For example,
it's quite natural to soil your shorts. There is a standard, it is known,
sin has no excuse.

--
Ed Hurst