[CS-FSLUG] OT: Democrats Voted Out of Baptist Church

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Sun May 8 12:22:28 CDT 2005

On 5/8/05, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> As much as I agree that anyone who voted for Kerry ought to repent, KNOWING
> what Kerry stands for. But, what this pastor has done IS wrong.
>
> Fred
> _____________________________________
>
>     Democrats Voted Out of Baptist Church
>     The Associated Press
>
>     Saturday 07 May 2005
>
>     Waynesville, N.C. - Some in Pastor Chan Chandler's flock wish he had a
> little less zeal for the GOP. Members of the small East Waynesville Baptist
> Church say Chandler led an effort to kick out congregants who didn't support
> President Bush. Nine members were voted out at a Monday church meeting in this
> mountain town, about 120 miles west of Charlotte.

As y'all can imagine, it made for interesting news here.  I can't
imagine the harm done to the Church's testimony of the God of grace.
We are supposed to respect each other's differences with an attitude
of grace and humility.  As the songwriter says, "Blessed be the Name
of the Lord".

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist