[CS-FSLUG] Apple's Big Virus

"國產 Wei-Yee Chan (Made in Chinar)" survivor at brisnet.org
Mon May 2 19:04:19 CDT 2005

Well, it happens to Windows machines, but there're no Mac equivalents.

I agree with U on the virus-scanner part.  I've encountered way too many
cases of NAV not being able to detect a virus even when it's present.
I'm using AVG antivirus now, which does a good job of picking up viruses
that NAV can't.

I've never encountered a case whereby a system has been compromised (at
least not that I know of), so I've never had to make the tough choice of
whether to reinstall the OS or not.  But I'll tell U all what I chose if
that ever happens.  ;-)