[CS-FSLUG] rkhunter

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 18:15:57 CST 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:41:42 -0500, john-thomas richards
<jtr at jrichards.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 06:17:48PM -0500, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> > > Fred,
> > >
> > > This is what it looked like to me (using Thunderbird):
> >
> > Yes......I know.....T-Bird displays HTML by default. In fact, I don't that you
> > can turn it off. I use KMail and prefer it, and use it with HTML turned off
> > for security reasons. HTML takes up more bandwidth as well. Many lists and
> > usegroups ban it outright.
>
> One can configure Thunderbird to send in plain text by default by going
> to Edit --> Preferences --> Composition --> Send Options and selecting
> "Convert the message to plain text" *and* by Edit --> Account Settings
> --> Composition and Addressing and *de-selecting* "Compose messages in
> HTML format".
>
> He who has ears to hear, let him hear.
>
> :-)
> --
> john-thomas
> ------
> The more corrupt the republic, the more numerous the laws.
> Tacitus

I use gmail from work, but Sylpheed-Claws at home.  While links are
clickable, HTML mail doesn't work.  Most of the lists I belong to use
plain text only, and I have now gotten into the habit.  I like HTML
mail, personally - sure is easier on the eyes.  Still, I'm now used to
using plain text, and prefer to use it for the same reasons mentioned
by the others.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist