[CS-FSLUG] rkhunter

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Tue Mar 22 17:41:42 CST 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 06:17:48PM -0500, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> > Fred,
> >
> > This is what it looked like to me (using Thunderbird):
>
> Yes......I know.....T-Bird displays HTML by default. In fact, I don't that you
> can turn it off. I use KMail and prefer it, and use it with HTML turned off
> for security reasons. HTML takes up more bandwidth as well. Many lists and
> usegroups ban it outright.

One can configure Thunderbird to send in plain text by default by going
to Edit --> Preferences --> Composition --> Send Options and selecting
"Convert the message to plain text" *and* by Edit --> Account Settings
--> Composition and Addressing and *de-selecting* "Compose messages in
HTML format".

He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

:-)
--