[PD/TD] Re: [CS-FSLUG] Activist Republican Judge Says CA Marriage Law Unconstitutional

K Montgomery keltik at nycap.rr.com
Mon Mar 21 09:23:30 CST 2005

Where do you guys find the time to write all this stuff? :)

Brian Derr wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 18:45 -0500, Fred A. Miller wrote:
>

>>Well, we've all sinned, but this guy made sure everyone knows he did, and
>>proud of it!
>>
>>Fred
>>
>>http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=2188
>>

>I've got to say that I agree with the judge.  Since when is it alright
>to force your views and make them law?  Please do not misunderstand me
>here: I am not advocating homosexuality, but rather advocating
>individual freedom.  We are given freedom by one person, Jesus Christ.
>Who are we to take it away from someone?

I would agree with you, *except* that the union of a man and a woman in
what we call marriage is what forms the foundation of society -- it is
not merely incidental to society.  A husband and a wife in a healthy,
covenant relationship raising children is how we get healthy,
well-balanced people.  As such, it's in the people's (and by extension,
the government's) interest to support and promote heterosexual marriage.

Unfortunately, heterosexual marriage is in such disrepair in our country
that its proponents don't have much of a leg to stand on in the fight
against officially sanctioned homosexual marriage.  Still, homosexuals
are imperfect human beings like the rest of us, and giving them "a shot"
at marriage won't improve the institution any.

- Kathy