[PD/TD] Re: [CS-FSLUG] Activist Republican Judge Says CA Marriage Law Unconstitutional

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Sun Mar 20 18:38:13 CST 2005

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 05:22:05PM -0500, Brian Derr wrote:
> > Well, we've all sinned, but this guy made sure everyone knows he did, and
> > proud of it!
> >
> > Fred
> >
> > http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=2188
>
> I've got to say that I agree with the judge.  Since when is it alright
> to force your views and make them law?  Please do not misunderstand me
> here: I am not advocating homosexuality, but rather advocating
> individual freedom.  We are given freedom by one person, Jesus Christ.
> Who are we to take it away from someone?
>
> Let me ask the question this way: Would a liberal group making it law to
> pay homage to any tree you saw be a absurd to those of us that do not
> worship nature?  Yes!  If another liberal group somehow made law that
> you may only drive a car one day a week to keep pollution in check would
> you feel outraged?  Yes!  Why is it any different when we, as
> Christians, take what we believe and make it law for those that don't
> believe?
[snip]

I agree with your thoughts here.  If *I* want to have maximum personal
liberty, I need to guarantee that others also have maximum personal
liberty, even if I disagree with their exercise of said liberty.  It is
for this reason I have trouble voting for each of the main political
parties in this country.  Each wants to strip us of some forms of
liberty.  The difference between the two lies in which liberties to
deny.
--
john-thomas
------