[PD/TD] Re: [CS-FSLUG] Activist Republican Judge Says CA Marriage Law Unconstitutional

Alvin Smith alvin at tux.org
Sun Mar 20 18:52:09 CST 2005

On Sunday 20 March 2005 07:12 pm, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 06:58:39PM -0500, Alvin Smith wrote:
> > On Sunday 20 March 2005 05:22 pm, Brian Derr wrote:
> > > Rather than wasting our time making laws that drive the lost away from
> > > the Word lets befriend them and show them the love of Jesus.  After all
> > > it is what Jesus would have done.
> >
> > Really?  Based on what scripture?
> >
> > It is after all the moral law of the 10 commandments that shows a man
> > that he is in sin.  Without that law how would a man know that he is a
> > sinner?  What would be the point of "showing the love of Jesus" to
> > someone who does not need a Saviour in their mind?
> >
> > Whether a nation's government passes moral laws is immaterial to the
> > believer. He still has to show a sinner that sin is very sinful by
> > showing him the Law of a Holy God in order for him to see the true love
> > and sacrifice of Christ.
> >
> > Otherwise there is no repentance, and no conversion.
>
> True.  But do you believe it is the government's place to be convicting
> people of sin?

What do you think the "law of the land" is?

> And if so, what if at some future point the government
> chooses a different definition of sin than what's in the Bible?

Such as allowing the murder of children?

You see, it is OUR FAULT that things have gotten as bad as they are already.
If the church does not take a stand, then who will?  Ok, let them take God
out of all education and then wonder why schools are so dangerous.

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God
had made.

As Satan can change himself into an angel of light, so did he abuse the wisdom
of the serpent to deceive man.

We are either for God or against Him.  We have to open up our mouths and speak
the Word of God, show compassion for the lost, and represent Jesus to the
World.

There is no grey area.

--
peace,