[CS-FSLUG] Suse Network setup

Sam Morgan bhg-fhg at cox.net
Fri Mar 4 12:19:56 CST 2005

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:43:33 GMT
timbrown at ichristian.com wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Just wondering if any one is aware of a step-by-step doc or webpage for
> setting up two Suse systems to communicate on a network. Oddly enough,
> I've  gotten Linux to talk to a windows box via Samba, but can't seem to
> get two  linux boxes to talk.
>
> I've recently built a new system and want to move my old files over
> without  having to take the HD out. Besides, it'd just be nice to learn
> something!

have you considered using ssh and scp, even ssh and mc helps see what u
are doing

> Again, if there's a page I can go to, let me know. The suse manual just
> basically buries you with stuff about all the modules and leaves you
> there.

If you want to do it with nfs
  http://www.techsupportforum.com/computer/topic/31866-1.html

google's suse nfs offerings:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=lang_en&newwindow=1&q=suse+nfs+setup&btnG=Search

sometimes I get more from a different way it's written...<shrug?>

God Bless,
Sam Morgan

--
Linux _ the lifetime learning experience.

By HIS Grace - for HIS Glory
'nuff said'

GB,
Sam Morgan