[CS-FSLUG] Suse Network setup

timbrown at ichristian.com timbrown at ichristian.com
Fri Mar 4 11:43:33 CST 2005

Hello:

Just wondering if any one is aware of a step-by-step doc or webpage for
setting up two Suse systems to communicate on a network. Oddly enough, I've
gotten Linux to talk to a windows box via Samba, but can't seem to get two
linux boxes to talk.

I've recently built a new system and want to move my old files over without
having to take the HD out. Besides, it'd just be nice to learn something!

The  quirk in my net is:

1. Cable comes in from the wall from isp which goes to cable modem.
2. Linksys switch/firewall hooked up to cable modem.
3. One machine hooked up to switch.
4. Another wire goes from switch to another room, to a  Linksys 4  port hub.
The old PC is connected to this.

So, it's not just everything off the same switch.

Again, if there's a page I can go to, let me know. The suse manual just
basically buries you with stuff about all the modules and leaves you there.

Thanks,
TIm

10 out of 10 people die.
http://www.needgod.com