[CS-FSLUG] Presenting The Hacker's Hymn

Don Parris evangelinux at thefreelyproject.org
Wed Jun 29 23:15:49 CDT 2005

I suggested recently that I might one day become a real hacker.  The guy I
was talking to replied that I already am a hacker.  O.k., so I'm a neophyte
hacker. Every *real* hacker should recognize that there is One Who knows all
the hacks, Whose bugs have been properly trapped, and and Whose Patch has
fixed our greatest flaws.  To that end, I present the Hacker's Hymn, written
in Praise++. :)

#! The Hacker's Hymn
# By D.C. Parris
# License - Creative Commons Attribution
# Feel free to add stanzas according to your gifts!

Tune = Draw Me Nearer

Stanza(1):
    As I write this code I will look to You
    wond'rous Author of my life.
    From Your function main you did call my name
    and the dust You raised to life.

Stanza(2):
    As I search my code, going line by line
    checking all my function calls,
    Help me, Lord, I pray to find all the stray
    brackets, quotes, and variables!

Chorus():
Optimize me, optimize me, Lord!
Let my run-time really fly!
Oh, debug me, oh debug me, Lord!
That your name be glorified!

LICENSE():
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License. To
view a copy of this license, visit
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/ or send a letter to Creative
Commons, 559 Nathan Abbott Way, Stanford, California 94305, USA.

--
evangelinux    GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/                   http://chaddb.sourceforge.net/