[CS-FSLUG] Would someone take pity on me?

Ruth Marlene Friesen Bouquet at ruthes-secretroses.com
Mon Jun 27 00:29:55 CDT 2005

On June 25, 2005 05:36 pm, Ed Hurst wrote:
> Ruth Marlene Friesen wrote:
> > 1. Do you mount a blank CD before burning it? I forgot this last time and
> > I wonder if that made a difference.
>
> No. The cdrdao drivers handles this.

Ok-ay... So I should skip mounting when I'm burning CDs? I bet that's where I
messed myself up! (light-bulb!)

> > 2. Do you erase a blank CD before each burn? K3b asked, so I said yes.
>
> Shouldn't be necessary.

Good.

> > 3. How do you eject a CD to switch to another, when you've unmounted, and
> > you keep getting the message that the dev is busy? Nothing is even
> > looking at it, but I can't open the drive. I tried "eject" as a command
> > and the plain CD rom drive opened.
>
> While using K3b, it should eject automatically when it has finished
> verifying the burn. If you have mounted it, then it will cause a problem.
>
> It makes our day to be helpful.

Again, I bet now that it was mounting the blank CD before burning it that
fussed up the situation. K3b did eject when done, but I closed it to check
through Super User/Konquerer that I really had stuff on the CD this time.
When ready to do the next CD it was stuck in there!

You know, crying out to God, and telling you folks my troubles really brought
answers yesterday. I feel restored back to health and sanity again.  Glad it
makes your day to help! :)

--

Blessings & Thanks,
Ruth Marlene Friesen

When you meet Ruthe and her Friend -
You've got Friends! http://www.Ruthes-SecretRoses.com
                       \o/
P.S. Buy it & it's on its way to you within 48 hours!
http://Ruthes-SecretRoses.com/RSR.html
or as e-book to download right away -
http://Ruthes-SecretRoses.com/rsr/Intro.html