[CS-FSLUG] Would someone take pity on me?

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sat Jun 25 23:15:46 CDT 2005

On Saturday 25 June 2005 6:47 pm, Ruth Marlene Friesen wrote:
> But now I have a few more questions.
> 1. Do you mount a blank CD before burning it? I forgot this last time and I
> wonder if that made a difference.

No, you don't need to mount it. K3b will work just fine with it.

> 2. Do you erase a blank CD before each burn? K3b asked, so I said yes.

It it's an RW disk, yes......erase it first. If the drive is a DVD and the
disk RW, then it will simply over-write it.

> 3. How do you eject a CD to switch to another, when you've unmounted, and
> you keep getting the message that the dev is busy? Nothing is even looking
> at it, but I can't open the drive. I tried "eject" as a command and the
> plain CD rom drive opened.
>
> Thanks again ever so much, gentlemen, you have made my day!

You may have to (as root) use in the /dev dir., chown <your user ID>
cdrecorder	so that you are the owner of the device.

Fred

to you, at this time.