[CS-FSLUG] Would someone take pity on me?

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sat Jun 25 14:12:21 CDT 2005

Ruth Marlene Friesen wrote:

> K3b keeps saying my driver for cdrdao is missing, and to set it, - but I don't
> know where.

So cdrdao is missing? Let's do this:

   rpm -qa | grep cdrdao

If the cursor comes back with no response, it's not installed. If it
gives you a package name and version number, then I don't know what to do.

Assuming the former, you can check your Mandrake CDs one at a time until
you find the one that has the cdrdao package. As root, from the console,
just navigate to the package directory on the CD and:

   rpm -Uvh cdrdao-xxxx.rpm

If it installs, you can then try K3B again.

--
Ed Hurst