[CS-FSLUG] OT: THE EU VOTE....GOOD article.

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 12:53:53 CDT 2005

Actually,

> > I don't really mind that the US are not really
> democratic as long as it stays
> > inside their country. What I mind more is that
> they seem to always think they
> > know what is good for others in their place. If
> they can't keep a democracy
> > inside their own country, they'd better not think
> about helping people set
> > one.

Isn't the US a constitutional republic rather than a
democracy. Thus the Electorial College and
Representative Congress rather than direct vote.

I suppose that someone saw "the people" as too fickle
to be trusted with absolute power. So representatives,
whose job it is to know the issues, thier constituants
and vote in their best interests are elected, thus
keeping chaos to a minimum.

Just a thought.

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html