List Admin on Message Tagging (was Re: [CS-FSLUG] Re: Message tagging)

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Fri Jun 3 18:53:23 CDT 2005

> U might be mistaken here, Tim.  As I had pointed out in my earlier
> post,
> I did not mean Bob and Aaron - I meant some other people who have
> participated in this thread before, and who have written to me in
> private to express their irritation that's caused solely by their very
> own private dislikes.  So, if I had been rude at all, that "rudeness"
> certainly wasn't directed at Bob and Aaron.  Apologies to U two, if I
> have caused any  alarm or displeasure.

     I didn't mean you were rude, I meant you said rudeness may have
been necessary (I wasn't sure what that referred to, but it never
seems necessary. :-)).

> I'm not against the idea of rules but it would be good if U could be
> more specific as to what the rules are.  This would give us all a
> better
> picture of the dos and don't's.  I might suggest that a list of the
> rules be sent monthly to this list, to remind all users to abide by
> them.

     Might be a good idea, if I can remember to send it monthly.

> I honestly believe that U ought to decide what the rules are, rather
> than let individuals who have contradicting viewpoints make the
> decision
> for us.

     Well, that's always worked. If there isn't a problem, there is
no reason to make a rule (think of the idea of "precedent" in court
systems for what I am shooting for, we make decisions as "cases"
arise). Essentially, all of the rules are explained in the FAQ at
cs.uninetsolutions.com, save for the following:

     Theological discussions should have a TD: prefix in the subject.
     Political discussions should have a PD: prefix in the subject.
     News Items should have a NI: prefix in the subject.

     That's it. :-)

> "The falcon cannot hear the falconer...Mere anarchy is loosed upon the
> world...."  <----- How very true....

     Yup. I like that poem as a whole:

     http://www.well.com/user/eob/poetry/The_Second_Coming.html

     -Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "It may be that  when the angels go about their
Editor, OfB.biz   | task  praising God,  they play only Bach.  I am
tbutler at ofb.biz   | sure,  however,  that when they are together en
timothybutler.us  | famille they play Mozart."
                                                       -- Karl Barth