[CS-FSLUG] Oh man

Steve McCracken smccrack at hcjb.org.ec
Fri Jul 29 21:14:25 CDT 2005

David M wrote:
> 1. is it possible to format the SWAP space and make FC use it without doing a
> fresh install?

Yes, but do you have room on the disk for the swap partition?  I can't
remember exactly how right at the moment, but you can look at the man
page for mkswap.

> 2. If it's not possible, can I get a list of stuff I can back up to save my
> settings so I don't have to do all this customizing all over again?
>
> My /home is on a seperate partition, but last I tried to format / and
> keep /home intact it didn't work out too well and I found out some settings
> are on / that I thought would have been in /home.

I don't know if I'm understanding you correctly or not, but most system
configuration settings are in /etc.  Other user configuration settings
are usually under each home directory.

sjm