[CS-FSLUG] Laptops and iBooks (OT)

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 00:12:29 CDT 2005

Fred, the waiting game isn't for me. I've wanted to get a laptop for a
few years but had to wait until I could get a job first, I've also
wanted to try Mac OS X but haven't because it's so alien and I haven't
even had the chance to see it working yet. Right now I'm glad to see
that Apple has increased the ram without upping the price too much, in
fact I'm not sure I remember correctly but it looks close to the same
as it was before the ram increase, a price reduction would be nice but
I don't think I can wait.

I definately want to have something before school starts again because
I don't know if I'll be able to keep my job once school starts again,
I do hope to because it's a nice job except for the fact that Wayne is
there (until December :-) ). Truth be told I doubt I'll ever take any
of my expensive stuff outside of the house unless I had a good enough
reason, which doesn't come around very often so desktop upgrades would
also be feasible, but those would cost just as much and wouldn't allow
me to type school notes or tinker with C++ from a comfortable position
on my soft, comfy bed :-) .

Sure, it might all sound silly, but I don't really have much else in
life to enjoy. I don't have much in the way of friends and never did
so I turned to computers and programming (beats TV and japanese
cartoons ;-) ), there also isn't much of a back yard here (plus it's
full of large discusting bugs) nor are there any fun places to go that
haven't been taken over by gangs of kids. I consider myself
intellectual, not athletic, and as with any "geek" (I don't
particularly like the name because of the new definition it got from
movies and television) I like working with computers.