[CS-FSLUG] As if that many really care, but here it is anyway.

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 01:38:45 CDT 2005

I can't help but wonder where that puts all of us people who don't
have bottomless bank accounts to buy new computer hardware with. I
can't afford a Mac, nevermind a brand new dual core 3ghz system with
1+ Gb of ram and I know a lot of other people who can't.

It seems to me MS is going to end up comparable with Apple on the
price of hardware when this is released, maybe the playing field will
be more even and Linux/BSD will jump in with an affordable solution
that will keep people's formerly brand new hardware working for a few
years yet.

Somehow I can't help but feel that everyone is getting a raw deal.
Windows has terrible underlying bugs, Linux has subtle bugs on the
surface for the most part, and Mac OS is really very expensive and no
doubt has its own bugs which I don't know about. Maybe I should look
into installing OpenOffice.org on that stone slab outside, it seems
pretty stable and well developed :-) .