[CS-FSLUG] What would you do?

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 31 22:36:34 CST 2005

At 11:01 PM 1/31/05, Ed Hurst wrote:

>On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:21:55 -0500, Alvin Smith <alvin at tux.org> wrote:
>
>>>What would you do?
>>
>>I think I would attempt a netboot install:
>
>For now, an Internet modem is all I have. No ethernet, no adapter for
>hooking the drive to my main box, etc. I can't imagine the slow and
>painful process of trying to get something on the order of 200MB over a
>phone line that tops out at 2.5Kb/s transfer rate.

Internal or external?  If external, is using a null-modem cable to connect
laptop to desktop an option - that should run at 115,200 baud.  I prolly
have such a cable around here somewhere - you can have it if you can use it
and I can find it.  Can you get the system workable with one of those
router on a diskette distros?