[CS-FSLUG] What would you do?

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 31 18:16:18 CST 2005

At 06:54 PM 1/31/05, Ed Hurst wrote:
>Thus, I need an OS that can install from a few floppies

Does "all the usual ports" include a RJ45 network connector?  OpenBSD will
install from a single floppy and an ftp server (can be local
network).  There are several floppy images to choose from:
         http://openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#MkInsMedia
floppyC36.fs includes cardbus and PCMCIA support.

Another option I have had some success with is a little adapter that allows
a 2.5" laptop hard disk to be connected to a 3.5" IDE cable in
desktop.  Install OS onto drive using your desktop machine, then move the
hard disk back laptop and boot up.  My adapter doesn't look like this one,
but you get the idea...
         http://startech.com/ststore/itemdetail.cfm?ProductID=IDE4044

Frank