[CS-FSLUG] html editor for Windows ?

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sun Jan 30 13:36:13 CST 2005

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005, Nigel Ridley wrote:

> My laptop has started to play up and Linux won't run on it anymore so I
> put back WinME on it.
> So now I need some good open source apps to install. I already have the
> Sword Project and OpenOffice but am really looking for an html editor --
> nothing too heavy nor one of those 'wysiwyg' things.
>
> Any suggestions would be welcome.

When I have to work under Windows, I really prefer NoteTab Lite (the
free version) because it has syntax highlighting, a really nice snippet
library and a side bar where they can be listed. It comes with free code
snippets for a large collection of languages, not just HTML. When the
side bar is open, you need but double click on the title of a snippet to
have it inserted at the cursor. I sincerely wish I could find something
like this for Linux/Unix.

http://www.notetab.com/ntl.php

Ed Hurst