[CS-FSLUG] Open Source: Sun Open-Sources 1,600 Patents

Leon Brooks xtiansrc at leon.brooks.fdns.net
Wed Jan 26 18:01:38 CST 2005

On Thursday 27 January 2005 06:47, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Sun-Open-Sources-1600-Patents-40055
>.html

There is, of course, a gotcha: this is only for use with Sun's CDDL.

Probably not an issue for day to day use, but why don't they just say
"for any Open Source project, as long as any changes to the software
are published within 30 days"? It seems that Sun haven't quite learned
to let go.

Cheers; Leon

--
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched
with the feeling of our infirmities;