[CS-FSLUG] Reformatting for Win95

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Thu Jan 20 16:58:47 CST 2005

Most of the older computers needed a tool to be able to use the LBA stuff.
Linux has that all built into it.

To install an LBA tool, you may need to open the box, look at the HD, and see
what brand it is.  Then go to that maker's web-page and download their HD
tools.  Those tools usually make a botable floppy, which you then use to
install the LBA stuff.

Then you should be able to see a bit more of the HD.

Oh.  Also you should make sure that the BIOS has the right settings for the
HD.  Computers of that vintage were not always set to autodetect the HD.  That,
also, could result in your not seeing the whole thing.

    - Tim Young