[CS-FSLUG] Re: Mac mini as a Wireless repeater?

Bradly McConnell bradly.mcconnell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 23:58:32 CST 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:59:46 -0600, N. Thompson <n.thomp at sasktel.net> wrote:
> I've read a number of articles on this machine and I've seen a fair number of
> reviews, some things I don't like much are the absence of a line-in and
> microphone plug on it despite it having other nonessential features like
> bluetooth support built in.

I think that the line-in and microphone plugs aren't really needed by
the majority of people that will buy the system.  It does have
firewire, so those who want to deal with digital video have what they
need (as far as connections).  With the availability of USB mics, that
only leaves the line-in and in all reality, the majority of people
simply do not use it.

While bluetooth may be essential, it is still nice to have.  If you
have ever messed with a bluetooth enable phone, or headphones, PDA,
etc.  you will find it's actually pretty useful.  Still in the gadget
phase, but neat.

Brad