[CS-FSLUG] website petitions

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 14 17:01:16 CST 2005

At 04:48 PM 1/14/05, Fred A. Miller wrote:
>That is why it is so vital that the pro-life citizens of
>our nation take immediate action by clicking below:
>
>http://www.cfra.info/183/petition.asp?RID=1864622

Does anyone know where to find stats for effectiveness of website
petitions?  I'm guessing at ratios in following paragraph...

I once heard that a visit to your government representative was
"equivalent" to a few hundred phone calls.  A phone call was "equivalent"
to a few hundred letters.  Hand written letters were "worth" more than a
typed one (too easy to simply copy and add a signature).  Petitions have
less value again.  I'm guessing internet petitions are nearly
worthless.  The general idea is that the more inconvenient it is for you to
make your voice known, the more notice is taken by the recipient.

Frank