[CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That (genetic link)

Jerry VanBrimmer jevb at runbox.com
Fri Jan 14 06:53:47 CST 2005

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 02:17:56AM -0500, Don Parris wrote:

> You're more than welcome.  I used Adams' approach when counseling a
> couple when I was Christian Ed. Minister.  They had spent something like
> 9 out of 10 years of their marriage separated (but not divorced).  Both
> were on drugs/alcohol.  At the time of our counseling, they were back
> together and coming clean from the mess.  She was already clean.  He was
> still working on it.  In the end, I got to see them renew their wedding
> vows.

Wow! That's great! Yea, I have always liked Jay Adams and his books. He
has a very practical, down-to-earth approach toward counseling." Get it
right with the Lord, and your life will be right." (Loosely quoting his
approach.) Can't get much simpler than that.

> I still use the Nouthetic approach.  I've got a number of his books on
> counseling.

So do I, they've just been buried since my move one year ago. You've
got me all excited about re-reading them now. This weekend I'm going to
have to dig around until I find them. Good stuff.

--
The KING is coming!..................Rev. 1:7
The bottom line......................John 3:3-7