[CS-FSLUG] ELCA teachings

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Fri Jan 14 00:42:43 CST 2005

Sounds like good news so far, if I read it right -- they aren't
charging forward. Perhaps the mainlines are feeling a bit shaky at the
moment. The PC(USA) hasn't been as busy lately either, it seems to me.

If they'd watch the decline member roles at the UCC, you'd think they'd
get the idea that they are headed the wrong way. I hope they continue
to avoid going blindly forward...

	-Tim

On Jan 14, 2005, at 12:07 AM, Christopher Rose wrote:

> Well, here is an interesting article that several of us in the
> Lutheran church have been expecting. Here is the link:
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050113/us_nm/
> religion_gays_dc_2
>
> Quite frankly, I am waiting to read the report itself, but I fear that
> this will soon destroy or permanently harm the ELCA. Thankfully I left
> the ELCA a year ago and now I am a member of LCMC.
>
> Pax,
> Christopher
>
> Linux Counter User: #350477
> http://www.counter.li.org
>
> --

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |