[CS-FSLUG] Freedom of speech VS evolutionists

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Fri Jan 14 00:17:46 CST 2005

Those of you who read Slashdot have probably seen this already:
Creationist Textbook Stickers Declared Unconstitutional
http://slashdot.org/articles/05/01/13/2357223.shtml?tid=146&tid=103&tid=1

Personally I think its an infringement on people's rights telling anyone that
the stickers are "unconstitutional", it doesn't even make mention of creation
it simply says that Evolution is a theory and not a fact and that the
materials in the books should be taken with a grain of salt.

Very hypocritical of that judge that rule the stickers as "unconstitutional"
when blocking them infringes on freedom of speech, even more ridiculous for
people to attach Christian beliefs over this since it makes no mention of
anything Christian, even many non-Christians don't believe that evolution is
a fact.

If people accept evolution as unquestionable fact and take that belief with
them to their graves then they will inevitably suffer for their ignorance.

In the end I just can't make any sense of these people's logic:

- People claim that evolution is the bulletproof evidence against God and the
bible
-- There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever in favour of evolution that
wasn't made up and none of that holds up when properly examined. For that
matter people seem to forget that evolution has evaded explaining how
lifeless molecules, atoms, etc... could possibly have made even the simplest
of life forms never mind the creatures that supposeduly "evolved" from them.
Of course lets not forget the big bang theory, people claim nothing existed
before hand but then what caused the "big bang"? I've heard people say it was
gasses but then where did the gasses come from?

- People somehow believe that Christians are a menace to education and
science.
-- Without Christianity these people wouldn't have an education, most schools,
hospitals, orphanages etc... were founded by Christians and a lot of what we
know today is thanks to brilliant Christians who made very important
discoveries.

- People claim that Christianity is forced down their throats.
-- Christianity is not forced down anyones throat, in fact around here I can't
say as I've seen any obvious Christians outside of churches. You could even
say they've already got lots of practise hiding for when the really bad
persecution starts ;-) . What is shoved down people's throats is evolution,
commercials and the entire idea that acquisition of wealth and destruction of
anyone who doesn't worship the dollar bill is all thats important in life.

The #1 reason I've gotten for why people intentionally reject the bible
despite knowing its true:
- They don't want to have to worry about consequences of their actions in life
-- Forgiveness is available to anyone willing to repent and accept Jesus.

Obviously people reject God and the Bible because they want to, not because
they've actually been able to turn up any evidence against it. In fact if you
know where to look you can find lots of books and resources that not only
state the amazing amounts of evidence for the bible but also back up those
statements with evidence that you could verify for yourself if you wanted to.

Now I just have to make up my mind about how to feel about these people: on
the one hand I can't help but feel that they deserve what they'll get for
their arrogance but on the other hand I can't help but feel sorry for them
because they're making such a stupid mistake.

Feel free to discuss this further, I'm hoping it will make a more interesting
topic than some of the other discussions we've had in the list lately and
since I've got exams soon this post is one of my rare few for a while so make
the best of it :-) .

PS. No time to proof-read, I've got to get to bed, sorry.

--
http://celerate.blogspot.com/