[CS-FSLUG] Political Discussion---please humour me.

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Tue Jan 11 07:14:06 CST 2005

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 03:06:37PM -0500, Christopher Rose wrote:
> Political Compass:
>
> http://www.politicalcompass.org

The link didn't work by the way, I had to google and find a mirror of
the test when I did it.

   http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalcompass

At any rate, my score is below.  Like others have mentioned before me,
this test is somewhat lame.  The wording on some of the questions is
questionable, for example, "Sex outside marriage is usually immoral."
Even if I wasn't a follower of Christ I would still find this question
worded incorrectly.  How can it be immoral "usually?"  It isn't for Joe
and Sue but it is for Frank and Betty?

Another example is the classic, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a
tooth."  This is so overdone in secular society that most people,
including followers of The Way (ie, Christians), don't know what the
context is.  Is the statement speaking on a person to person level or a
civil government level?  There is a huge difference.  No, I cannot rape
someone because they raped my wife.  Yes, the government can execute
them because he committed the crime.  See the difference?

Enough whining, here's the results:

Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.36

Apparently, like I didn't know it, I'm economically conservative and
fairly moderate on the other scale.  Which I don't agree with at all but
the wording of the questions makes me answer in ways which might not
exactly cover what I truly think.  Oh well...

Brian
--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7