[CS-FSLUG] I dreamt...................

Robert W. robertwo at access-4-free.com
Mon Jan 10 19:57:02 CST 2005

On 01/10/2005 12:23:32 PM, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> I dreamt that I went to Heaven and an angel was showing me around. We
> walked side-by-side inside a large workroom filled with angels.
>
> My angel guide stopped in front of the first section and said, "This
> is
> the Receiving Section. Here, all petitions to God said in prayer are
> received."
> I looked around in this area, a! nd it was terribly busy with so many
> angels sorting out petitions written on voluminous paper sheets and
> scraps from people all over the world.
<SNIP...>
> "How does one acknowledge God's blessings?" I asked.
>
> "Simple," the angel answered. "Just say, "Thank you, Lord."
<SNIP...>

Wow, how timely. Here's my thanks for something He's done...

We spent part of the weekend without electricity after an ice storm.
Power went out Thursday, and with it our heat. It went out right after
the furnace finished running. With judicious use of blankets, we stayed
warm all Thursday night. On Friday, some friends up the street put in a
gas fireplace. My wife and children spent the day at their house. And I
bought a propane heater.

We had four 1 lb. propane canisters my wife bought 5 years ago. One
canister lit a latern (so we could see). And the other three kept the
heater running through the night. Saturday I tried to find replacement
canisters, or a way to connect to a 20lb cylinder. It wasn't going
well. We went out for dinner, to get warm. Came back to a well lit
neighborhood. Electricity had been restored!

On Thursday night, we had our girls pray that God would provide power
so we could get our heat back. And all through the weekend He provided
exactly what we needed. No more, and no less. I'm still excited over
how precisely He worked out every detail.

--
Robert W.
robertwo at access-4-free.com

It is done.  I am the Alpha and the Omega,
the Beginning and the End. -- Revelations 21:6