[CS-FSLUG] Political Discussion---please humour me.

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Mon Jan 10 19:06:24 CST 2005

Timothy R. Butler wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>
>> I feel that pornography is a threat to our children and while yes we
>> should protect them from it, we should mandate that the government
>> outlaws pornagraphy. Quite frankly, some people take freedom of speech
>> to far and pervert it from what I have seen.
>

>     I struggle with this one... as much as I hate using the slippery
> slope argument, I realize that *we* (as Christians) are becoming a
> minority, if only slowly, and the stronger government censoring is, the
> more risk there is that we will come under it.

My reasoning is the same. I HATE having to "hide" behind the first
amendment, etc., to protect pornographers, but I have to for the same
reason as you. If a gov't - ANY gov't, can outlaw any media, then our
Bibles can be the next thing they outlaw.

Fred

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is still shrink-wrapped
in their warehouse..."