[CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That (living a lie)

Leon Brooks xtiansrc at leon.brooks.fdns.net
Mon Jan 10 18:58:19 CST 2005

On Monday 10 January 2005 22:01, David M. wrote:
> Leon Brooks wrote:
>> David M. wrote:
>>> Sounds like he's living a lie now.

>> Why?

> If I went around hiding my hearing aid from people and acting like I
> could hear everything, would I be living a lie?

Yes. But there's no direct relevance to the Navy dude. The testimony was
about abandoning the closet, not going back into it.

Mind you, joining the Navy and presumably moving aboard ships crowded
with nothing but blokes hardly seems a clever way to start such a
rehabilitation. Kill or cure, sort of thing.

Cheers; Leon

--
Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time,
"Thou shalt not kill;"
and "whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:"
But I say unto you that
whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause
shall be in danger of the judgment:
and whosoever shall say to his brother, "Raca [shallow/stupid one]",
shall be in danger of the council:
but whosoever shall say, "Thou [morally reckless] fool",
shall be in danger of hell fire.
Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar,
and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way;
first be reconciled to thy brother,
and then come and offer thy gift. -- Matthew 5:21-24, KJV