TD: Re: [CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That

Stephen J. McCracken smccrack at hcjb.org.ec
Mon Jan 10 10:11:46 CST 2005

timbrown at ichristian.com wrote:
> Paul's words come to mind..."...and such WERE some of you, but you were
> washed..."
>
> Indeed Paul was addressing an audience that included those who came from
> that lifestyle.
> Tim
> Fred A. Miller writes:

>>> If I went around hiding my hearing aid from people and acting like I
>>> could
>>> hear everything, would I be living a lie?

A better analogy would be something like:

Let's say that I had a broken arm with a cast on it.  Now, if I later
take that cast off of my arm and walk around without it would I be
living a lie?  Well, it all comes down to whether or not my arm was
actually healed before I take that cast off of my arm.

If God healed my arm and I DON'T take that cast off then I would be
living a lie.  If my arm were NOT healed and I took that cast off then I
still would be living a lie.  BUT if God healed my arm and I take that
cast off then I would NOT be living a lie, but be a living testimony of
the power of God to heal.

I leave it to the reader to make the proper application in the current
discussion.

sjm