[CS-FSLUG] The God of restoration.

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sat Jan 8 22:40:55 CST 2005

The God of restoration.  One of the most encouraging things the Bible
teaches us, is that God is a God of restoration.  The Bible tells us that we
all sin and fall short of God's glory, but what happens to us after we sin
is what I want to focus on today.  One of the most visible sins in the Bible
has to be Peter's denial of Christ.  After following the Lord, living with
Him, seeing the miracles, hearing the teachings, even being so bold to
proclaim Jesus to be "the Son of the living God"...this same Peter in fear
of his life denies even knowing who Jesus is.

If the story of Peter ended there, it would indeed be tragic.  However, we
see that same Peter, just days later in John chapter 21 being restored to
fellowship by Jesus.  We then read about that same Peter in the book of
Acts, becoming a pillar upon which the early church was founded, boldly
proclaiming Christ without regard to his own life any longer.  The lesson is
that in spite of our sin, God is a God of restoration so that He can use us
to fulfill His plan.

After we sin, the most important thing we can do before the restoration
process takes place is to confess our sin and ask God's forgiveness.  1 John
1:9 tells us that if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive
us, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  God wants to forgive you!  God
wants to cleanse you!  But you have to make the first move.  You have to
swallow your pride and admit to God you sinned.  You have to be sick enough
of the sin to want to be rid of it once and for all.

I am not talking about that "morning after" confession either.  I am talking
about that confession that says I am sorry, and I am ready to walk away from
this sin once and for all.  We all feel sorry for our sins after we commit
them.  The issue is whether we are ready to deal with them once and for all,
and allow the restoration process to begin.  My friend, it is not God
holding back that process, it is you.  You have to be serious about getting
rid of the sin that is in your life.

Once we make up our mind and decide to make the necessary changes to walk
away from our sin, we then confess our sins and repent, and have now opened
the door for God to restore us.  You see, God never stops having a plan for
your life.  Don't forget, your purpose is to serve and glorify Him.  He
desires to restore us to fellowship, not only because He loves us, but
because He still  has work for us to do.

If you are looking for that peace, that joy, that abundant life the Bible
speaks of....I am telling you that you will ONLY find it in a daily,
intimate relationship with Christ.  You will only find it in a life totally
and unconditionally surrendered to Him and His will.  You will only find it
when you are fulfilling your God-given purpose of serving and glorifying Him
with your life.

Be encouraged today, God is not through using you.  He still has a perfect
plan and purpose for your life.  It is now up to you.  Just like He restored
Peter, and used Peter in a mighty way, God wants to use you.  The only
difference between you and Peter is that Peter turned from his sin, repented
and confessed his sins to the Lord...thus opening the door to God's
forgiveness and restoration.

I love you and care about you so much.  God loves you so much.  Turn from
your sin, confess and repent of those sins, and let God restore you today.
No matter what you have done, God's grace is sufficient and His love is
endless.  He wants to say to you, just as He told Peter..."Do you love
me?...Feed my sheep."

In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller

I can help you in any way you can contact me through my personal email
at bkeller at liveprayer.com

***GET YOUR FREE LPeMAIL ACCOUNT!  Never miss receiving your Daily
Devotional again.  LPeMail is an effective email SPAM filtering application
that most ISP's charge $10/mo, for FREE!  Get your LPeMail account now at:
www.lpemail.com .

***I am excited to let you know that the Liveprayer Daily Devotional is now
available via AUDIO each day.  Simply go to
http://www.liveprayer.com/DailyDevotionalAudio.html

(C)opyright 2005, Bill Keller Ministries. All rights reserved

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is still shrink-wrapped
in their warehouse..."