[CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That

Aaron Lehmann lehmanap at lehmanap.dyndns.org
Fri Jan 7 01:42:22 CST 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 06:38:30PM -0600, Timothy R. Butler wrote:

> >Homosexual animals occur naturally in nature. IIRC there are several
> >homosexual penguins in the New York zoo. The zoo keepers report that
> >they
> >keep there nest cleaner than the heterosexual penquins, and have a
> >stronger
> >bond between each other. They are more loving and carrying toward each
> >other.
> >Is this what you are trying to prove. Homosexual animals have been
> >observered
> >in other species also.
>
> 	There are lots of things observed in nature. That does not make
> 	those things appropriate... especially if you take in to account that Man
> is not a mere animal but made in the very image of God. Going back to the
> Bible, let's forget about the verses that directly prohibit homosexual
> activity for a moment. ALL sexual activity outside of wedlock is
> prohibited clearly and explicitly.
>
> 	Marriage is clearly defined as being between a man and a woman
> throughout the Bible. "Therefore a man will leave his father and his
> mother, and will join with his wife, and they will be one flesh"
> (Genesis 2:24).

A question regarding Form Criticism:  Is Genesis 1 - 12, from an fc
perspective, regarded as Law, Myth, or History?  I ask because, while I
completely agree that marriage is between husband and wife, I'm
wondering if we can fairly use this verse by itself to support such a
claim?  Do we not also have to bring in Jesus' use of it?  Am I just
being to nit picky here?

Aaron Lehmann