[CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Thu Jan 6 18:38:30 CST 2005

> Homosexual animals occur naturally in nature. IIRC there are several
> homosexual penguins in the New York zoo. The zoo keepers report that
> they
> keep there nest cleaner than the heterosexual penquins, and have a
> stronger
> bond between each other. They are more loving and carrying toward each
> other.
> Is this what you are trying to prove. Homosexual animals have been
> observered
> in other species also.

	There are lots of things observed in nature. That does not make those
things appropriate... especially if you take in to account that Man is
not a mere animal but made in the very image of God. Going back to the
Bible, let's forget about the verses that directly prohibit homosexual
activity for a moment. ALL sexual activity outside of wedlock is
prohibited clearly and explicitly.

	Marriage is clearly defined as being between a man and a woman
throughout the Bible. "Therefore a man will leave his father and his
mother, and will join with his wife, and they will be one flesh"
(Genesis 2:24).

	I don't know what to make of homosexual penguins. Perhaps its part of
the Fall -- everything is corrupted from the Fall. Or maybe it is fine
among animals, just as I do not believe my cat is sinful for killing a
bug as an amusing afternoon game, but it would be sinful if one did the
same to a fellow human.

	The key goes back to what does the Bible say? If the Bible says this
is wrong (and heterosexual pre/extra-marital sex is also wrong), then
what can we truly argue? That the Bible is mostly right? Sort of right?
Maybe right? Does that mean Jesus's atonement for your sins and my sins
is sorta true and maybe enough?

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |