[CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That

Stephen J. McCracken smccrack at hcjb.org.ec
Thu Jan 6 13:57:29 CST 2005

Eduardo Sanchez wrote:
> On Thursday 06 January 2005 19:15, Alvin Smith wrote:
>>>The bible does not condemn homosexual's but does condemn homosexual
> sex and
>>>other sexual practices as part of the religious service.

> Alvin, I would suggest you to read more carefully. In the above snip
> Ralph indeed say he does see sodomy as a sinful act.

If you read carefully, the above says that a subset of sodomy is a
sinful act (practicing it in a religious service).  It says nothing
about the whole set (whether it's sinful or not outside of religious
service).  The omission leaves a viable interpretation (inference) that
sodomy in and of itself is not sinful, but only its practice in
religious service.  Whether this was meant to be implied is up for Ralph
to clarify.

sjm