[CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Thu Jan 6 10:13:41 CST 2005

Ralph:

Now that's an answer I like to read. However, let me desagree with you.
You say:

[/snip]
> It is interesting that many Christians take
> literally the references to homosexual acts while interpreting other
> text  with great flexibility. And I some times grow weary of the flood
> of FUD on  this subject and others that is produced by a single person
> and simply wish
[/snip]

Ralph, while I do not really agree with your assertion here, I can see
what prompted you to make it. Let's rephrase it saying that "many
Christians place too much emphasis on fire and brimstone for
homosexuals while conveniently glossing over all other sins... their
sins."

This might be in many occasions due to Pharisaism; but it is also a
reaction against the FUD (yes, the FUD as you say) put in our society
and our culture by the pro-homosexual lobby, who strives to impose
their ungodly practices as normal and acceptable to a large majority
hostile to their views by ways of sheer force, coercion and shock.

I think every person in our world is in need of our Savior and I am
pressed and convicted to show Jesus' love to each and every one of them
not matter what their lifestyle might be. But I am tired and weary of
the pro-homosexual propaganda and this I will fight in earnest as long
as I can.

As for me, every homosexual person is free do as he pleases with his
life, in private and between closed doors. I will not complain. On the
outside, advocacy of the practicing homosexual lifestyle is as flagrant
as any other advocacy of sin and should be denounced and fought as
should be the case with other sinful expressions. At church, I'll
welcome the homosexual person, and try to present the way of Jesus
Christ in a loving, understanding, but uncompromising way.

Finally, I apologize if I sounded too harsh; but any people will really
get me when they try to force issues of homosexual, abortionist or
liberal propaganda in the Church.

1 Thess. 5:21.

Blessings,

Eduardo