[CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That

Ralph De Witt ralphdewitt at charter.net
Thu Jan 6 12:22:33 CST 2005

On Thursday 06 January 2005 12:17 am, Eduardo Sanchez wrote:
(snip)
> And a question to Ralph: Ralph, these issues are settled for all
> practical purposes, save for those who willingly insist in twisting the
> Holy Scriptures, so I suspect this is nothing more than a flamebait.
Nope no flamebait.
> Why did you forward us this drivel?

Eduardo:
I was not going to answer this as it is no flamebait and I am no troll, but
then decided to answer. I simply did it because to me and perhaps the larger
percentage of Christians this "problem" is solved by full inclusion in the
life of the church. The first quote I received to this thread was a very
closed minded and unchristian "'Same pro-queer garbage I've seen before."

To me and perhaps the larger majority of Christians "The Bible teaches us to
love God and neighbor (Matthew 22:36-40), and to allow
the Holy Spirit to develop within us the qualities of love, joy, peace,
patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control
(Galatians 5:22-23).

When children, youth and adults embody these values, regardless of sexual
orientation, we are growing into the whole people God hopes we will become.
You or I may hyperfocus on a person's sexual orientation, but God loves the
sum of all of our parts."

In my mind simply put God's son came to earth to love, heal, and forgive. The
bible does not condemn homosexual's but does condemn homosexual sex and other
sexual practices as part of the religious service. Remember that homosexual
and heterosexual sex was a part of most of the predominate religions at the
time Christianity was starting and Christians wished to distants themselves
from the other religions of the time. With One God and no sex.

In our Judeo-Christian society, the documents known as the Bible serve as the
primary guide on most issues. It is interesting that many Christians take
literally the references to homosexual acts while interpreting other text
with great flexibility. And I some times grow weary of the flood of FUD on
this subject and others that is produced by a single person and simply wish
on occasion to remind the list and the world that this FUD is not the
majority christian view. Causing fear, hatred, and division is not the
christian ethic or way.
--
	Yours,
	Ralph.