[CS-FSLUG] God Didn't Say That

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Thu Jan 6 02:11:29 CST 2005

This is old, old hat, so I will comment on only one point:

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 23:24, Ralph De Witt wrote:
[snip]

> bullet The Bible never said that St. Paul (or any other disciple)
condemned
> homosexuality.
>
> The truth is: The Greek New Testament does not contain the word for
> "homosexual" at all. The English word "homosexual" didn't exist until
the
> 19th century, so it doesn't appear in the King James version either.

The Greek New Testament contains the word "arsenokoitai", which
literally means "those men who lie in bed with other men". From that
one is pretty clear that "arsenokoitai" means homosexual practice.

The Bible is clear in that it does not condemn homosexuality. However,
it *does* condemn all kinds of sexual intercourse outside of marriage,
which is defined as the union of one man and one woman in its New
Testament understanding.

Blessings,

Eduardo

--