[CS-FSLUG] server distro?

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Wed Jan 5 12:46:32 CST 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 10:10:52AM +0700, ainion wrote:
> Besides Turbo Linux, what other distros that are designed for server
> installation? Ease of deployment will be good, too.

If you can stand the thought of not using Linux perhaps OpenBSD would be
a good OS to try.  I ran version 3.5 on an old Compaq server that had
hard drives go kaput but it was a rock solid, easy to use UNIX server.
The install isn't for the *nix n00b but isn't so tough the intermediate
user can't complete it.

http://www.openbsd.org/ AND http://www.undeadly.org/ (OpenBSD Journal)

Brian
--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7